- What is the Paris Convention?
The Paris Convention, adopted in 1883, applies to industrial property in the widest sense, including patents, trademarks, industrial designs, utility models, service marks, trade names, geographical indications and the repression of unfair competition. This international agreement was the first major step taken to help creators ensure that their intellectual works were protected in other countries.
- What is the Madrid System?
The Madrid System is a convenient and cost-effective solution for registering and managing trademark worldwide. The Madrid System provides for a single application and payment of one set of fees to apply for international registration of trademarks in up to 117 countries. It also permissible to modify, renew or expand your global trademark portfolio through one centralized system.
- Is Thailand a member of the Paris Convention, the Madrid System?
– Thailand is a signatory to the Madrid Protocol Concerning the International Registration of Marks – the government filed its instrument of accession to the Madrid Protocol on August 7 2017 making Thailand the 99th member of the Madrid system. The Madrid Protocol provides a more cost-effective and efficient way for trademark holders to ensure protection for their marks in the other member countries of the Protocol as the desired registrations are obtained through the filing of a single application with WIPO.
– Thailand has joined the Paris Convention since January 10, 2008. As Thailand is a party to the Paris Convention for the Protection of Intellectual Property, priority rights can be claimed within six months of the first filing of the mark in any other country or region bound by the Paris Convention or other agreements recognising priority rights to which Thailand is a party. An applicant wishing to claim priority of its foreign application must indicate in its Thai application the details of the priority application and submit a signed declaration of priority that is usually prepared by a local agent. The declaration of priority is not required for foreign applicants designating Thailand through an international application
Please click here to know the fee of trademark registration in Thailand. Also, you can visit here to see the procedures and required documents for trademark registration in Thailand.
Or sending your inquiry by filling the form:
- Trademark search in Thailand
- Trademark registration in Thailand
- The required documents
- The time frame of TM registration
- The fees of TM registration in Thailand
- Trademark renewal in Thailand